Posted: February 24, 2017
There are many body areas that cause men and women to be unhappy with their appearance, and plastic surgeries such as liposuction offer a way to frame your figure to reach your ideal body contour. Liposuction isn’t your only option, though—There are more than seven body contouring procedures that can help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
A majority of people are concerned about common areas of stubborn fat such as the abdomen, flanks (love handles) and thighs, but our plastic surgeon can give several areas of your body a boost with procedures such as:
- Abdominoplasty: Also known as a Tummy Tuck, an abdominoplasty gets rid of unwanted fat in your abdomen but also tightens underlying muscles and removes excess skin.
- Mommy Makeover: This surgery typically involves breast augmentation such as a breast lift, a tummy tuck and liposuction.
- Thigh and Butt Lift: Your skin may have difficulty contracting after a large amount of weight loss. A thigh and butt lift improves the contour of your inner and outer thighs as well as lifting your buttocks.
- Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL): The BBL is an increasingly popular procedure, which uses fat removed from another area of your body to contour your buttocks.
- Back Lift: A back lift is not as common as other “lift” procedures, but it can address bulging fat around the bra line, sides of your abdomen and love handles.
- Arm Lift (Brachioplasty): An arm lift can remove excess skin in your upper arm area as well as utilize liposuction to correct contour. This procedure is often performed after massive weight loss to excise loose, sagging skin.
- Liposuction: This is probably the most well-known body contouring surgery. However, there are more options than tradition liposuction such as tumescent liposuction, ultrasonic liposuction and SmartLipo™.
If you’re unhappy with the contour of one or more parts of your body, please contact our board-certified plastic surgeon in Weston at (954) 526-0066 to discuss your body contouring options. The Weston Center for Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery serves clients in Miami, Weston, Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding areas of Florida.