BOTOX® Cosmetic is an effective way to temporarily reduce the appearance of fine lines and facial wrinkles. In recent years, it has become one of the most popular non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments in the country.
BOTOX® Cosmetic works by temporarily paralyzing facial muscles in the injected region, preventing them from contracting. These contractions are ultimately what cause facial wrinkles. Over a period of several days, wrinkles will gradually disappear, restoring a more youthful facial appearance.
In general, BOTOX® Cosmetic lasts between 3-4 months. However, there are several factors which impact how long your results will last:
- The number of units of BOTOX® Cosmetic used in your treatment
- How deep your wrinkles are
- How strong your facial muscles are
- How your body responds to the BOTOX® Cosmetic injections
- How many times you have been treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic in that region of your face (recurring injections can potentially prolong your results)
- How and where your treatments are administered
At your initial consultation, Fort Lauderdale plastic surgeon Dr. Jon Harrell will be able to give you a more accurate assessment of how long your BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment will last. Fortunately, the effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic gradually wear off as muscle movement resumes.
Please contact the Weston Center for Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery today to schedule your initial BOTOX® Cosmetic consultation. Dr. Jon Harrell serves patients in Fort Lauderdale, Weston, and Miami, Florida.