Posted: February 25, 2015
Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, is a cosmetic procedure that reshapes an re-sizes the nose. Patients select rhinoplasty for many different reasons, but they all share the desire to look and feel their best. Part of that includes taking care of yourself after surgery to help minimize bruising and promote healing. If you’re considering a nose job, please contact Dr. Jon Harrell at the Weston Center for Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery today at (954) 526-0066 to arrange your Miami rhinoplasty consultation.
Like all major surgery, rhinoplasty entails a certain amount of inevitable bruising. But there are some steps you can take to keep bruising to a minimum.
- Select an experienced rhinoplasty cosmetic surgeon. This is the number one thing you can do to prevent bruising, as much of the bruising is a direct result of the surgeon’s skill and technique.
- Tell your surgeon about any medications you take, especially blood thinners, as these can interfere with healing.
- Have ice packs at the ready after surgery, and prepare to apply them regularly for two or three days.
- Keep your head elevated as you rest and as you sleep.
- Avoid stress and physical exertion. Anything that gets your blood moving is likely to promote more bruising.
Rhinoplasty can dramatically improve your appearance and return your self confidence if you feel embarrassed about your nose. Please contact the Weston Center for Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery today at (954) 526-0066 to schedule your Miami rhinoplasty appointment.