One of the appeals of the liposuction procedure to our Fort Lauderdale-area patients is that it is quite commonly performed. Hundreds of thousands of Americans safely undergo liposuction every year, which means the procedure has an impressive safety record.
Because the procedure is simple and safe, most patients in the Fort Lauderdale area looking to remove stubborn deposits of fat will be good candidates for liposuction. The ideal liposuction candidate:
- Is at or near their ideal bodyweight; liposuction is not a weight loss procedure
- Has no active infections and is in good overall health
- Does not smoke
- Has firm, elastic skin at the treatment site
- Possesses reasonable expectations for the procedure
- Is open and honest about their medical history and current prescription drug usage
At The Weston Center for Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery, Dr. Jon Harrell will answer any liposuction questions you have before you undergo any procedure. He’ll use his decades of experience as a plastic surgeon to closely examine you and determine if liposuction is appropriate for you.
If you live in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area and you have stubborn deposits of fat that won’t respond to diet and exercise, liposuction might be right for you. Please contact The Weston Center for Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery today.